You know...I'm not sure what HDR means technically. On a practical level it allows you to record a greater range of tonal detail than a camera could capture in a single photo. Basically, I take the same photo at 3 different exposures (using a tripod). Then I merge the photos in Photoshop so that all the details are preserved in the light and dark areas. If you're interested there are some really cool examples at this site: http://stuckincustoms.com
2 comments:
Nice photos. What does High Dynamic Range mean?
You know...I'm not sure what HDR means technically. On a practical level it allows you to record a greater range of tonal detail than a camera could capture in a single photo. Basically, I take the same photo at 3 different exposures (using a tripod). Then I merge the photos in Photoshop so that all the details are preserved in the light and dark areas. If you're interested there are some really cool examples at this site: http://stuckincustoms.com
Post a Comment