I hope everyone had a good holiday season.
Rob and I really enjoyed our 11 days of vacation even though we didn't go anywhere exciting. We took advantage of living downtown by doing a lot of things around the Arena District — we went to a few CBJ games, skated at the Ice Haus, saw 'National Treasure' and 'I Am Legend' at the Arena Grand, ate out with friends, and went to a couple parties. The rest of the time we spent chillaxin' around the condo.
I also bought a small sewing machine in a fit of domestic insanity. I have no idea how to sew. I was supposed to learn in my 7th grade home ec class, but my friend's mom ended up doing my project. So you might wonder why I suddenly felt the urge to sew. Well, over the years I'd collected a number of free, oversize t-shirts. I never wore them because they came down to my knees. I thought it might be a good idea to cut out the front of all the t-shirts and make a blanket out of them. Easier said than done. After many hours and much swearing, I finally have something resembling a blanket. The workmanship is pretty shoddy, but I guess it's ok for a first attempt. I'll try to post a photo soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment