September has unexpectedly become the month of parties. The first Friday was a birthday party for our friend from London. I found out at the party (while looking through his iTunes) that he is "mates" with Johnny Borrell, the frontman for the band Razorlight! They went to school together and even played in the same band for awhile. R says I'm starstruck. I don't think I am. I happen to like Razorlight's music, and I think it's kinda cool that our friend knows the singer. I also met a girl at the party who's nickname is Wonka. Apparently she earned this nickname because she was getting it on with a guy, and he asked if he could "enter her chocolate factory". She responded, "No, you don't have the golden ticket." Hehehe.
This past weekend was our goalie's birthday cookout. She and her husband have a great yard with a new patio and one of those shiny monster grills. It was perfect for a few rounds of flip-cup and cornhole. Our goalie definitely looked like she was having a good time.
Next weekend is the third of the September parties. Another friend is having a birthday. Also, our friend from London is going to teach all us Americans how to play cricket. I can't wait to learn how to "bowl a googly".
4 comments:
Oh how romantic! "Can I enter your chocolate factory?" Hopefully Wonka dumped that dude.
Cricket is the craziest game ever. The matches can last for weeks. I don't know if I would be able to handle watching a game like that.
Yeah, that would be a big turnoff.
Ugh, I'm not sure about cricket either. Hopefully it's better than softball. I tried that last year, and it was disastrous.
Incorrect. You were like the Ichiro of softball. You were on base every game. That blazing speed of yours was unstoppable.
Glad you guys enjoyed the cookout. Seems like everyone had a really good time, including my wife. Not sure starting a party at 5pm was still a good idea. Some people were smashed when the sun went down.
I'm not sure if we are making that cricket thing or not.
Thanks Eric! You're being too nice. I had to run fast to make up for the fact that I could only hit the ball 5 feet.
We had a great time at your cookout. Hopefully the wife has recovered from it :)
Post a Comment