"Fall in America means one thing to many people: college football. With all its pageantry, electricity, and tradition, college football is sport at its purest."Well, I don't know how pure college football is, but fall is my favorite season at least partly because of Buckeye football. I went to the game this Saturday with my bff. It's not quite the same experience as it was in college when the entire weekend centered around tailgating, going to the game with 10 of my closest friends, then partying afterwards. Although it's a different experience now, I still love walking through the Oval with the smell of leaves in the air and the crowds of fans in scarlet and gray. And I always feel a wave a nostalgia when the band plays Carmen Ohio in the stadium.
I had a great time hanging out with my bff and watching the Buckeyes win (in a mediocre performance). It looks like this could be a rebuilding year. But hey, at least we didn't lose to Appalachian State.
4 comments:
While not actually being a Buckeye, I have adopted them as my home team. I have a basic understanding of your enjoyment you feel in going to the games and experiencing the atmosphere. I really enjoy going with the wife and it is always a fun time.
Hey Eric,
Do you and Stal ever tailgate before the games? Maybe we can meet up some time if you do.
Man, I miss going to the games! I am going to drag Ethan to a game one of these years.
If we ever got up early enough to do so, I'm sure we would. Part of our game day tradition involves avoiding all the traffic by getting to the game late. :-(
Petee has invited us to his tailgate a few times and I think we will go when there is an afternoon game. We should be able to get up in time in that case.
I'll let you know if we go and we can meet up there, if you want.
Post a Comment