Two of our good friends share the same birthday. So last Saturday, they had a joint party.
Earlier in the day, I went over to Stal's to make jello shots for the party. As I was pulling out of our garage, I noticed a groundhog in the corner of our parking garage. This was surprising because 1) I'm not sure how it got into the garage in the first place, and 2) there isn't much groundhog habitat near our garage, so I'm not sure where it came from. We stared at each other for a moment, and then it ran under my car! I sat there for several minutes because I didn't want to run over it, and finally I saw it crouched under a nearby parked car still watching me. Poor little guy, he was so cute!
The jello shots turned out to be a success. We tried a new flavor - pineapple jello with coconut rum, kind of like a pina colada. It was deeeeelish! We also made berry blue with blueberry vodka, orange with orange vodka, and cherry with regular vodka. 150 jello shots total.
The party was on our friend's newly built patio which looked really nice. The usual crowd was there. We also met the guy who maintains the ice for the Blue Jackets. He had some interesting stories. I had no idea how much effort went into a nice sheet of ice.
No comments:
Post a Comment