Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mixwit

Do you remember cassette mix-tapes? Before digital music, MP3s, and even before CDs? I always thought they were pretty special to get. Not only did the person who made the mix-tape pick out the songs for you, but they had to sit there and manually push stop and record at precisely the right times for each song on the tape.

When I was in high school, my biology lab-partner won an essay contest and got to meet Bill Clinton. He brought along a mix-tape that he made for Chelsea. It was immediately confiscated and thoroughly examined by the Secret Service. A mix-tape seemed like such a cool, personal gift, and hopefully the tape eventually made it to Chelsea.

Anyway, I recently heard about this site where you can create a virtual mix-tape (thanks Kevin). Here's mine: http://www.mixwit.com/widgets/7e4b46a4aea0c09b26935cd30fe9ce29

I hope you enjoy at least a couple of the songs on there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's the theme? Every good mixed tape has to have a theme!?!? Is this a tribute to your ol'man? I can see where Sweet Child of Mine fits in (btw, every good mixed tape has to have one GnR song, it's a law).