Columbus got 20 inches of snow this weekend breaking the previous record of 15.3 inches set in 1910. Thanks to all the snow, I got out of work at noon on Friday. I cleaned my windshield off with my hockey stick (I couldn't find the windshield scraper) and drove home at 30 mph. Then I sat at home and watched the traffic out the window. One SUV slid sideways down Front St for 30 yards.
Saturday, I decided to brave the snow and walk to Hyde Park to meet some friends for dinner. I almost turned back after sinking into a foot of snow with each step. Then I remembered the "secret" passage. This is something to keep in mind if you're ever wandering around downtown Columbus during inclement weather. Basically, you enter through the second level of the parking garage across the street from our condo. The path leads you across a covered walkway, through the Nationwide building, through a corner of the Hyatt hotel, then through the Convention Center—all inside. I exited the Convention Center right across the street from the restaurant bypassing four blocks of snow.
1 comment:
Good for you on braving the snow. 20 inches is a lot even for us.
Post a Comment