Friday, December 14, 2007

The Holiday Season

Wow, the holiday season has definitely started as evidenced by our suddenly hectic social schedule. It officially started for us last Friday with our company holiday party. It was at the Four Seasons as usual. Pretty nice with a bar, trays of hors d'oeuvres, a sushi bar, pasta bar and roast beast with veggies. Noticeably missing this year were the employees. I think there may only be about sixty of us left.

Saturday, we visited the 'rents in Dayton and celebrated Christmas early. I'm getting ditched for Christmas this year because they are taking a trip to Egypt! I'm so jealous. That's one of the many places I've always wanted to see. But I'm really happy for them because they're finally getting to travel more. We had a nice lunch with them. And as a bonus, my aunt is visiting from China so we got to spend some time with her. She says that 'Jingle Bells' is a popular song there. But apparently, they completely miss the meaning of the song because she hears it playing in stores year round.

Monday was dinner with our neighbors. They just got a new puppy... an Italian Greyhound named Graycie. She's so cute and tiny! She fits in the palm of Rob's hand, and she makes their 8 lb chihuahua look huge.

Tuesday was dinner at Rob's stepsister's house. She asked us to go over and shoot a family portrait for them. It was a zoo! She and her husband have a one year old baby, a golden retriever that's bigger than I am, and a cat all in a smallish living area. Their place is so homey and cozy though. And she cooked us a yummy spaghetti dinner (which the baby ended up wearing).

Wednesday was a Blue Jackets game with friends. Ness got us free tickets which included a buffet and a free CBJ hat. We even went to the pre-game skate and pretty much had the ice to ourselves. Thanks Ness!

Thursday was our next door neighbor's holiday party. We chatted with all our condo neighbors, and had an ornament exchange.

I'm not sure yet what the plan is for tonight, but I'm up for hanging out with our couch and tv.

No comments: