The Blue Jackets made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history! We went to both of the home games. They were exciting even though the Jackets got swept by Detroit. At least Rob got to shave his playoff beard early.
In other hockey news, we went to the R Bar yesterday to watch the Caps vs Rangers game, and inadvertently crashed Rich's going away party. Rich was the ice technician and zamboni driver for the Jackets. We first met him at a friend's birthday party. After that, we kept seeing him at various downtown locations. Actually, he's been at the R Bar every single time I've gone there. Last night he gave us a small scrap of fabric. It was cut from the giant banner of the Stanley Cup logo that was hanging on Nationwide Arena. I'm adding it to our box of hockey memorabilia. The scrap is so small that there's nothing recognizable on it, but I'll think of Rich, the Ice Guy every time I see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment