
This seems to be an Indian themed week for me. I mean Asian Indian, not American Indian as you might have guessed from the title. Friday night we went to our friend's annual Halloween Party. I didn't have a costume ready so I decided to go as an "Indian Princess" and wear the sari that Rob got for me when he was in India. I've never had another occasion to wear it, so I figured why not for Halloween? It turned out to be somewhat complicated to put on. I looked up directions for how to wrap a sari on wikihow.com, but I still don't think I got it quite right. In fact, I realized later that I had the shirt part on backwards.
Saturday night we picked two of Rob's coworkers up at the airport. They are visiting from India this week for some training. We've been busy taking them out to eat and showing them around. I think we've eaten at just about every Indian restaurant in town. Last night, they came to our condo and cooked a delicious Indian dinner. Vaish explained that it is customary to eat with your hands (even the rice). It has been kind of a cultural exchange. We show them our shopping malls, and they introduce us to Indian food. Maybe I should also ask them how to properly wrap a sari?
2 comments:
You look so cute!
I thought I had your blog on my google reader, but apparently I don't. Your new posts never showed up. :(
Thanks L! You know, Rob's coworker from India kind of reminded me of your Freshman year roommate.
Post a Comment