Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meme From L

My friend tagged me for this meme!

Rules:

A) People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs & replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.

B) Tag 8 people to do this quiz & those who are tagged cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by & cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. Continue this game by sending it to other people.


01. What is essential for your happiness?
Companionship. And some physical activity.

02. What clothes are you wearing at the moment?
Jeans, a t-shirt from a hockey tournament and a North Face jacket from my parents.

03. What books did you recently finish?
Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything which does a great job of explaining many areas of science in layman's terms. The other book I read recently was The Kite Runner.

04. What is your favorite scent?
Jasmine. Also, I sometimes catch a whiff of the WonderBread factory from our condo, and that smells wonderful as well.

05. What movie could you watch over and over?
Slap Shot. It cracks me up everytime.

06. What do you drink the most?
Water and Coke/Pepsi. I'm trying to cut back on the pop though.

07. Do you trust easily?
Yes, I think so.

08. Who was your first big crush?
A kid who was in my "gifted" class in middle school. He turned out to be ultra-conservative so it probably wouldn't have worked out. I also crushed on Robert, the concierge at our hotel in London. He had the best accent! One night, my aunt let me bring him an order of spring rolls from the restaurant where we had dinner. Goofy, I know. But I was 13.

09. what did you want to be when you grew up?
A veterinarian?

10. Do you have a good body-image?
So-so. I'd like to pack on 5 lbs of muscle, but so far I haven't been motivated enough.

11. Who is your hero?
Most of my friends have qualities that I admire.

12. What websites do you visit daily?
Gmail and Facebook

13. random pet peeve?
People who drive erratically while talking on cell phones

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Smart, independent, fun, thoughtful.

15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Giddy Stratospheres, by The Long Blondes

16. What's your favorite item of clothing?
A team Canada hockey jersey with my nickname, Moose, on the back. It was a Christmas present from Rob.

17. What's better: to give or to receive?
I enjoy both

18. What turns you on in the opposite gender?
Confidence, a sense of humor, athleticism

19. Is there anything you want so bad right now?
Not really. I'm pretty satisfied with everything I have. World peace?

20. What should you be doing right now?
Working from home. But I already finished my work, so I'm updating my blog instead.

21. Whats the meaning behind your blogger/LJ username/name/nicknames you go by?
It's really pretty random. I called my blog Welcome to the Monkey House because it seemed playful and mischievous. (It's also a short story by Kurt Vonnegut.) Also, monkeys remind me of bananas which is kind of what I am (yellow on the outside, white on the inside). Then, since it's my blog, I thought I'd be the Alpha Monkey.

I'm not sure I know 8 people who have blogs, so I'll just tag squirrel soup, celandine, Andy, and Kevin.

No comments: