Rob's friends invited us over for dinner on Friday, and JC gave me a bunch of helpful tips on how to use my camera. He claims he's just a hobbyist, but his photos are pretty amazing. I guess his $10,000 of equipment probably helps, but he really knows what he's doing too.
I'm ashamed to admit that I've had my digital SLR for a year now, and I'm still shooting in auto mode a large part of the time. Even in auto mode, the quality of the lens makes the photos look better than my old point-and-shoot camera. Still, it's about time I learned about exposures, apertures, and all my camera settings. I'm going to try and go out in the next couple weeks to take some practice shots around town.
1 comment:
I find auto helpful when you're trying to get a bunch of shots quickly, or for shots that don't matter as much (like group shots). Like I put it on auto when I saw a whale on the ferry, because I didn't want to be messing with aperture/shutter speed and completely miss the whale.
Post a Comment