Monday, October 1, 2007

Adventures In Dogsitting

I think I walked 10 miles this weekend. All in an attempt to wear out Duvie, the dachshund I was dogsitting. Somehow, even with his 4 inch legs, he managed to wear me out instead. Honestly though, having Duvie for the weekend reminded me how nice it is to have a dog. They add so much good energy to the condo.

I can't commit to a full time pet right now, so I've been getting my dog fix by watching other people's dogs. Our neighbor's chihuahua, Paco, is moving in for a few days this week while his owners are on vacation. Paco is not like any dog I've ever met. He's litter box trained, so we don't have to take him outside. Also, he refuses to walk on a leash so he has to be toted around in a bag. Really, he's more like a large rodent with a lot of personality. It seems like the little ones always have the biggest attitudes.

2 comments:

L said...

I would like the litter box trained thing, but I would not like having a purse dog. What's the use of having a dog if he won't walk on his own?

Unknown said...

I would need a room sized litter box to handle all three of my dogs. I've often thought that would be a good idea, but my dogs mark up the yard when they are done, which would consist of litter flying everywhere.

I will keep your dog hospitality in mind though. Maybe I can sucker you into watching one of my beasts sometime. ;-)